Monday, December 20, 2004

I'll be home for Christmas...

...if only in my dreams.
So here I am in good ol' Madison. The trip went pretty well. I finished up my last couple of days in the burg hanging out with my roomies Kori and "cale". We made 7 layer bean dip, virgin strawberrry margaritas and watched the muppets christmas carol. Then I headed down to the perve to chill with angela. It was good times as usual. This morning we had french toast with some killer strawberry and whip cream stuff, peanut butter (of course) and orange juice. I rode to the airport with angela and her sister and they left a few hours before I did. My plan was to change, shove all my stuff in one of those lockers and go for a jog before I spent the rest of my day sitting on my butt. It didn't work out. Ever since Sept. 11th they have no more lockers and I found it kind of discouraging to try to work out with a backpack and suitcase with me. I ended up finding an empty booth thing and did sit ups and push ups in that for a while. I felt kinda weird, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep myself from eating tons and if I ate tons and sat all day I would be hating myself by the time I went to bed. So then Brian showed up and we got on the plane. I slep most of the way and we had an hour layover in Chicago.
The fam's doing pretty good. Everything looks about the same except that my parents moved into Sterlings room and Sterling moved upstairs. It makes more sense that way anyways. Oh and a little detail that no one bothered to tell me...we have a bird! I was really excited to find her. The only annoying thing is that she's 3 yrs old and no one has ever tried to train her to do anything. I think I'm going to try over break. But my question is...is a trained bird happier than a wild one? I know they're not happier when you're training them because it involved starving them until they'll eat out of your hand, clipping their wings and stuff like that. Then I thought they are because everything needs a little discipline, but then is a trained bird that will most likely be neglected worse off? Who knows...
I think I'm going to get a new license tomorrow, exchange my pants, get sterlings and my dads christmas presents and look for a place I can work out at over break.

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 21, 03:49:00 PM MST , Blogger Angela said...

jo-- it was good to hear from you (eventhough I spent the last 4 days with you, but still)! I think that it is a good idea to train a bird that lives in a cage. In the end, I think the bird will enjoy captivity more once it has a loving friend (trainer) to help the time go by! That's cool that you guys have a bird though. What kind is it? What's it's name?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home