Wednesday, January 12, 2005

wed-nes-day

does anyone else sound out wednesday wed-nes-day every time they spell it? I still think it's a strange word. Well, yesterday I fell asleep on the floor in the back of the Taylor building about 15 minutes into devotional (app. 2:15). I didn't end up waking up until a quarter to four. Everyone was gone, devotional was long time gone and I drooled on myself. Sick, I know. Then I headed to the pool and feeling strangely energized and lazy from my nap I decided to swim as many laps in a row as I could. I'm pretty darn sure I set my p.r. On lap 46 I sucked in some water and started choking, but believe it or not kept my rhythm and went on to swim a total of 52 laps in a row. That's 104 times across the pool. It took me about an hour. The strange part is that at the time I feel like I could have done more, but going back and fourth in the pool was getting very monotonous and about an hour later I was pretty darn tired.
My snake job hasn't started yet. I hate politics. I don't really understand what's going on, but I hope I still have a job, and it starts soon.
I finally bought new mittens! I was going to wait till I got a chance to get down to Idaho Falls, but things weren't looking to hopeful so I stopped by sled shed and shelled out $50 for some Burton mittens that are leather on the outside and lined with this thick wool stuff that's like the stuff on the inside of my uggs. They're called the toastermit and supposedly the warmest one out now. We'll see how they work this friday. It's pretty nippy here.
mare, I'm jealous of your sb tan, and update your blog! I want to hear all about your first impressions of new Zealand.
Well, for the rest of today I'm just going to class, working out and I'm going to apply for summer jobs and make some sort of decision for my future: work, gradschool etc...

3 Comments:

At Wed Jan 12, 12:00:00 PM MST , Blogger Angela said...

I just got back from Cosmic Cantina. Yum. . . your post was funny today-- I can't believe you swam a whopping 104 times across the dang pool!!!! That's crazy. Do you ever wish that they had some under-water button that you could hit instead of trying to count in your head? If I think about anything besides #'s I get totally lost. And yes, I DO sound out Wed-nes-day. . . ha! Hope everything works out with the snakes.

 
At Wed Jan 12, 03:08:00 PM MST , Blogger Randy Row said...

New Mittens!! Yay! that's good news.. I support the sled shed, too. they are cool. Good Luck

 
At Fri Jan 14, 02:17:00 AM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

jo i miss you! and NZ is awesome! first impressions- i want to move here. and i am serious. its gorgeous and the poeple are SO laid back- people got barefoot everywhere (even to the groceryt store) i love it. you would love it. congrats on the mittesn- miss you!
mare

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home