Friday, January 14, 2005

life plans...

first of all, can you really even plan life? Sometimes I feel like I get so caught up in planning that I forget to do! I like being sparatic and doing what I want to at the time. But on a more responsible level (just because I didn't take the beach bum table dancing route) I'm applying for a job at sea world, the san diego zoo and and internship in Hawaii doing marine research. I'm also going to start studying for the GRE and apply to the University of Utah and Northern Arizona University. I want to look into a few schools in Ca as well. I decided just a little while ago while I was at a biology banquet that I'm not ready to be done learning and I want to be a part of the biology 'clique' forever (I think) so I'd like to get enough education to 'run with the big dogs' or at least read the papers they publish. And I finally got some papers to read about rattle snakes from Bro. Kelson (my new boss) so in other words my job finally started! woo hoo, but I'm only going to have a few hours a week at first. I hope it kicks in fast...I was kinda counting on it in my budget.
I went to my horseback riding class yesterday. It was soo much fun. I ride a yellow horse named chuck wagon, but I just call him chuck. On the way to class there were a few girls who were talking themselves up and really actually intimidating me and making me wonder if I could hold my own in an intermediate class. But once we got in the arena I found that most of it was talk (of course). I think it's going to be a blast. Oh, and for some reason I can jump on a horse bare back with out a boost and apparently that's something that a lot of people can't do. I have no idea why I can, but it made me feel better when the teacher told us to ride bare back and I jumped up and a few of the big talking girls had to get a boost from the T.A.
Today was my 2nd day back at the ghee and it felt soo good. It didn't take too long for things to come back to me and I'm almost comfortable enough to start wanting to learn new things. I love snowboarding and I love the mixes of music that Randy made for me (shout out to rando!).
After snowboarding I went to a biology banquet. Kori came too (of course). I ate fried chicken, harvest cheddar sun chips, potatoe salad, pudding, strawberry lemonade and no bake cookies. Then we listened to a 30 seminar by a man doing population, predator and prey relationship research with moose. Now I'm at my brothers house and we were going to watch a movie but my roommate wants to play raquetball. hmm

2 Comments:

At Sun Jan 16, 10:22:00 AM MST , Blogger Fern said...

I am glad that you are at my house right now, sitting on my couch talking about your blog. good times.

 
At Mon Jan 17, 04:05:00 PM MST , Blogger Angela said...

JO: like I already told you, you are going to do AWESOME in grad school. I'm totally not surprised that you whooped those girls in horse back riding. There's nothing like showing someone up when they thought they'd show you up. Have fun with Randy tonight! :) See you SOON!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home