Friday, July 20, 2007

While pondering why I always hate going to work, I've decided that I do enjoy my job, but the problem is that it takes up too much time in my day. Work has become a false priority because I didn't live within my means and have accumulated way too much debt. The fact of the matter is that although I care about wildlife habitat in this area, it is no longer a priority in my life. For some reason I have created other problems that need attention, so devoting 50+ hours a week to wildlife doesn't make me feel productive. Then I get frustrated and need to go relax so I end up doing recrational activities...which spend my money and also neglect important things in my life putting me even further behind my goals than before...So I have to work more to make up for it...just adding to the cycyle and intensifying the problem. The solution I have decided is simply - self control. Rather than indulging in instantly gratifying casualties, I will stick to my plan and spend my free time energetically and actively working on my prororities and goals. No matter how tired, "burned out" or un motivated I feel. "Why should I yeild to sin (or anything else) because of my flesh?!" I am taking back control of my life and building habits so I never feel this way again. It's just going to take some time.

5 Comments:

At Fri Jul 20, 05:43:00 PM MDT , Blogger Fern said...

So you never really said what your priorities are/what you want them to be. I think most people, at one time or another, can relate to how you're feeling. I think it's interesting to how often people feel like they "need" to "relax". Like moms that need a lot of "me" time, etc. Not that that stuff isn't good to a point. Okay, i think I've begun to ramble...

 
At Thu Jul 26, 11:14:00 AM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

wowo jo, thats intersting. but i think i understand waht youre talking about. well, my job so far is boring. and reminds me of yours a little bit. planning on a computer a lot. its not a priority in life right now...

 
At Fri Jul 27, 04:02:00 PM MDT , Blogger William Cobb said...

i understand the money cycle. fact is, it will always be there... but the trick is to make more than you spend. right now i feel a huge burden with so much school debt on my shoulders, then again, the payments aren't that much so i really should not worry too much.

 
At Fri Jul 27, 04:03:00 PM MDT , Blogger William Cobb said...

but don't sacrifice what you like doing. there's always a way to make a living doing what you enjoy.

 
At Fri Jul 27, 04:37:00 PM MDT , Blogger M.climb said...

All I have to say is "WOW!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home