Saturday, January 01, 2005

waa ha ha... Sam came home today. After his flight was delayed. When I got to the airport and waited....then he didn't come...then we called and found out the flight was delayed and I really started to think I wasn't ever going to see him. Then my ultra-dramatic paranoid side that I think comes from my mother was suppressed as usual and I went home to get some lunch. An hour or so later we headed back to the airport. This time my brothers weren't as excited to go and wanted to wait to the last minute. It was a little frustrating, but we got there...after Sam's plane got in. We were the first ones there though. I saw him when we were walking across the airport, he had just come out and walked up to the desk to ask what time it was. I was carrying annamarie because of course I was babysitting and he didn't see me till I was pretty close to him. I walked up to him and didn't really say anything...just stared I guess. I think maybe I stepped a little to close to him because (after I put the kid down of course) he held his hand out inbetween us and I shook it. Then he said hello. And I said hi. Then to be completely honest I don't know what else I said or he said. But I do remember that it wasn't akward. He looked really cute in his suit too. After a few minutes he asked if we had seen his family and then they started to show up one by one. Some members of the ward came to see him to. We took a few pictures. My camera batteries are dead and I lost my extras somewhere so I'll have to post them later. Speaking of pictures: Angela, I still want to see one of your new haircut :) So then his mom, dad, sister and I went with him to get him released. The drive was really slow and there were cars off the road everywhere. The weather has been really bad here. It's rain/sleet stuff that freezes immediately. I've never been on roads this slick before. So he had a really neat blessing that said he was a good missionary and would be blessed for his service. We walked outside and he gave me a hug before we got in the car. Then he sat by me in the back seat (on the way up he was in the front seat) and his arm around me and held my hand, ahhh (cheezy sigh). We just casually talked on the way home. He's still obviously really stuck in missionary mode. Everything we talked about was related to missionary lessons etc. Then we went to his house and unpacked his stuff. He brought back a lot of souvenieers. Including more of those little bracelets I like to wear, a leather box thing, and a bag. Then we had dinner with his family, they gave him some Christmas presents, I gave him mine and we looked at pictures for a while. Then...I started my period! Yeah, random I know but what am I supposed to do about it. Luckily my brothers were going in like 5 min. to pick my dad up for work so I rode with them and got some tampons at target which was conveniently located right next door to where my dad works. On the way home the roads were so bad that we totally lost control a few times and slid down some hills. We couldn't even turn down most of the roads we tried to and one time I really thought we were going to hit this car we were sliding towards. Sterling and I scrambled in the back seat for our seatbelts and the car barely stopped after sliding for a good 30 feet or so. It was strange to slide so far when we were moving so slow. Even in our driveway which is not very steep at all, when you step out of the car if you hold still you'll slide all the way down to the street. So, it took us forever to get home and it was pretty dangerous so I didn't get to go back over to Sam's house like I was planning. Ok, now for the good part, for all of you who are still reading this novel long, pictureless blog: right before I left his house, Sam gave me 12 yellow(pink tipped) roses that his older (and married w/kids) sister had gotten for him to give to me. He didn't even ask her to. I thought it was nice of her. So, he gave them to me and then leaned down and kissed me. Then he gave me a hug and told me he missed me. ok, that's about all that's getting posted on the blog. But I will say that he was being really cute and got my plate of food for me at dinner etc. I'm really glad he's home. I think it'll take him a litte while to adjust though, as it does for all missionaries. I wish I wasn't leaving so soon. We're going monday to buy him some clothes. I guess while he was gone most of his stuff he left behind got lost. A bummer, but I think it will be fun.
I hate cramps.
ok, I need to go find church clothes for tomorrow.
did I mention that I hate cramps? -chao

5 Comments:

At Sun Jan 02, 12:43:00 AM MST , Blogger Fern said...

hey jo! I just got off the phone with you and wanted to tell you one more time how excited I am for you!!! WOO HOO! Way to go with a great day. I love our "girl talks", but I enjoy the 'public e-mails' too. Then I can review and remember all the good stuff. oh, and I'm glad it wasn't weird when I called you earlier either. Tell Sam I can't wait to see him and give him a high-five from me. I mean it, a high-five. Have a great rest of break. I promise to post soon. later fern

 
At Sun Jan 02, 04:17:00 AM MST , Blogger Randy Row said...

Ahh shizzle Carrie Jo in tha Hizzle... I am squealing like a girl in excitement for you! jk... that's way cool, though.. sounds like things are really working out. Oh!---That handshake-o-romance was awesome I bet. ahhh! To be a clueless missionary. Hopefully when we get together for our bi-monthly girl chat/ice cream sesh you can fill me in on the details. I'm just messin.' so wait... did you graduate? and if so, you are coming back to Idaho? What is your plan? I get all these intimate details via the blog, yet the big picture remains a mystery for the ages. I'm off to provo in the morning after our frickin blizzard the past 2 days! --- dry as a bone this entire break and then WHAMMO! sweet- a treacherous icy drive over Malad Pass you say? sign me up!

 
At Sun Jan 02, 12:09:00 PM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

WOOOHOOO!!! way to go JO! haha thats so cool i am happy for you! i am suprised he kissed you that soon! haha must not be in TOO much of a missionary mode! haha anyhoo thats pretty sweet! SEE YOU IN TWO DAYS! and i am driving up to idaho i think probably monday night or tuesday morning, with a kid from 9out here- what time does your flight get in on the 4th? maybe i will just call you! i should anyways huh? loves!

 
At Sun Jan 02, 05:25:00 PM MST , Blogger Angela said...

I'm not commenting unil you call me.

 
At Sun Jan 02, 11:57:00 PM MST , Blogger Karah said...

Hey Carrie!

I love your comments. I was just thinking about you and Sam when I realized it was to late to call. I decided to look up your website and wow I got to here how his arrival was. Awesome. Anyways I am really glad to here that it wasn't awkward when you saw him. Great sign. Well it was fun reading about your time. Please call me when you can.

Karah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home