Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Well I started my job at the Fish and Game. I live in the bunk house (free) and have a 20 minute drive to work everyday. I live in Roberts which has a population of 607 people. Yesterday all we did was sit through meetings because we got a new head boss guy and today we trapped and collared white tailed deer. Basically we set up nets and hid in the bushes. Then we had a helicopter herd the deer in our direction and when they ran into the nets we jumped out of the bushes and literally tackled them. Luckily today we did mostly fawns. Tomorrow we're trapping elk. It could get interesting. Elk are huge!

3 Comments:

At Sat Jan 14, 06:12:00 PM MST , Blogger Fern said...

jo- does your phone work out there?? I don't know if you got my message or not.
Fern
Don't worry it's not a big deal or anything.

 
At Sat Jan 21, 10:49:00 AM MST , Blogger Fern said...

"Is anyone alive out there?!"
--Titanic

 
At Tue Jan 24, 03:16:00 PM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

jo post again, post again!! i need to hear from you all the time! hows Kona?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home