Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Heather let me trim her hair last night and it took me forever! Not to mention the fact that somehow I ended up cutting off almost the entire tip of my middle finger on my left hand. Not knowing it was bleeding so bad I flicked it for a second to dull the pain. Yeah, I ended up splattering blood all over the kitchen counter, my shirt and my wildlife management book that cost me a hundred bucks.
So after the hair cutting episode we went to bed. I was late to my swimming class this morning but it was still fun to swim with my newly cut hair. The teacher has been giving me pointers on how to increase the pull I get with my freestyle stroke. I think it's working because I'm getting a lot more tired and my muscles feel sore today for the first time all semester. (oh, a little side note. I bumped my finger on the wall and it started bleeding again. All the way through the bandaid and in the water- sick huh?)
After swimming I called my boss to ask if I could not go into work so I could study and sat down on the couches in the Hart to study for my wildlife midterm. That was a bad idea. I ended up falling asleep for an hour and a half straight! That left me just one hour to study so I crammed as best as I could and went in at noon to take the test. The stupid thing was 10 pages long and all write on :( So I did the best I could and turned it in. Sometimes if frustrates me that I always to bad in Bro. Stricklan's classes.
It's days like today when it's cold, raining, and I'm not doing well in school that I want to change my plans agian, graduate in December and find a mediocre job in San Diego. I don't even know if I can get into grad school and if I can I probably won't be able to handle it. I don't even care to be rich, I just don't want to be poor.
Well, I'm off to another day in ecology lab. Lab goes from 3 to 6 then I rush home, change, eat and go up to the intermural fields where we play a tournament flag footbal game at 7. If we win tonight and tomorrow we play thursday for first place in the stadium :)

3 Comments:

At Tue Oct 26, 03:06:00 PM MDT , Blogger Angela said...

Whoever "Monty" is better not freakin' comment on your blog. . .that is CREEPY (I hope you're reading this). Ugh. Anyway, that sucks about your test, but I really want to know the new swimming stroke that your teacher taught you! I am getting bored with my stroke and I know I do it wrong b/c sometimes my neck hurts.

 
At Wed Oct 27, 11:36:00 AM MDT , Blogger William Cobb said...

don't give up. i think you can do well in grad schoo. :) well i read your blog like the newspaper, along with angela's and elise's. kinda funny jo, i never thought i'd see a day when you had a website. well here it is.

 
At Thu Oct 28, 10:56:00 AM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

danh josie! you practically cut your finger off? jezz! that sucks. and so do sucky days....haha but everybody has em eh? you have inspired me to take a swimming class, because i need to learn how to swim better so i can do triathlons...maybe you can be my coach you buff piece of work.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home