Sunday, December 26, 2004

Happy Sabbath :) Brian posted some pic's on his web page from christmas. You should all look at them. But for those lazy turds who won't, I'll post some of my favorites.
After church I drove Sterling and a guy named Chia around to give the sacrament to old ladies in resthomes. We visited this one old lady who couldn't remember if she had any kids or not. She was 90. We told her we knew her son Joey and she lit up and said "oh, you know little Joey! ah little Joey :) " Then Bro. Harrison informed us that Joe was about 6'2" and in his late 60's, but she still calls him little Joey. Then when she saw me she said "oh, a woman came. Good because women help women. Well, you men help me too, but women help women." I thought it was kinda funny. And another old lady we visited could barely hear. You literally had to yell really loud so she could understand you. It was kind of award. She thought I was her visiting teacher and thanked me for coming. She said she hasn't seen anyone for 2 months and was wondering what happened to them. It made me feel double guilty because not only did I not have a message for her, but I didn't do my visiting teaching this month either. It felt good to brighten some old ladies days today though.
Well, usually when I go home I try to clean a room or two, but this year I've selfishly decided to spare myself the stress. Brian changed that for me when he started cleaning the garage and laundry room. He inspired me to clean inside so I'm going to try to straighten up the sewing area. He posted some before and after pics in his album. -chao

2 Comments:

At Sun Dec 26, 04:28:00 PM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

man what a fun christmas!! i always forget how much i really like it!! your hair looks sweet in all your pics! haha i love it! and jsut so you know, i went and looked at all brians pics of christmas! i feel like i was there with you! thats so cool that you made a quilt for you mom! wow! i should do somthing like that for my momma! anyhoo happy sabbath to you too!! oh- i was going to ask- did your missionary come home yet??? :O

 
At Mon Dec 27, 08:47:00 AM MST , Blogger Angela said...

Those old women stories were pretty funny-- your mom in that quilt picture looked SOOO happy! It's funny to see your house now in pictures because I know where everything is! It looks like you guys had a really fun christmas! Sorry about the wrong answer on the pop-culture question. . . it was funny though. It reminded me of "who wants to be a millionaire" when they get to call a friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home