Monday, May 15, 2006

Changing Times

Summer is here and most of my friends are gone. This morning I went rock climbing with Alex and Brian. They were both climbing barefoot. More talented than I. The past little while all I do is work. I have a part time job at Petco. It's not so bad though. I work in the grooming salon bathing dogs. The perks are 20% off all Petco merchandise and I get to take Kona to work with me and bathe her with whatever I want. The other day she rolled in cow poo and I took her in and bathed her with special "strawberry milk" shampoo and put "protect a pad" on her feet and every thing. Then I looked up the normal cost of all the extra junk I did and it would have totaled out to be over $50. I think groomers are a rip off! I'm glad I didn't have to pay.
In response to Josh's comment about my favorite books: I listed those 3 books as my favorite because they are the only ones I have actually read (besides goosbumps and books like that). And I don't think you have to believe everything in the book is true to think it's a good book. I thought the Davinci Code was good because it made me think and it was a good "treasure hunt" type story. Just like one of my favorite movies is Spiderman, even though I know none of that BS can actually happen.

4 Comments:

At Thu May 18, 01:47:00 AM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that's a good advantage of the grooming job...getting to wash the dog with anything you want! It's amazingly true about mark ups, such as retail clothing, car repair. At least you get a service with someone doing the bathing and grooming. Doing people's hair requires a service. With clothing, the mark up seems to be "what the market will bear." I'm glad you get to take Kona with you to your job. LOL Mater of 4

 
At Mon May 22, 07:10:00 PM MDT , Blogger Randy Row said...

Hey Carrie Jo!! long time no blog. I was just curious about you, so I checked here. I was surprised you are still blogging here. I haven't for a while. Email me @ rlr85@lawgate.byu.edu and we'll catch us up on everything!

--Rando

 
At Tue May 23, 08:37:00 PM MDT , Blogger Fern said...

JO-
I think you should of called this blog--Times, They are a' Changin'-- Because that's what I thought it was called. :) Good for me I made a comment on a blog!! Gotta go...
Fern
oh and I'd L.O.V.E love it if you came down here!

 
At Wed May 31, 08:25:00 PM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

Hey josie- i miss you!!! i have not seen you in FOREVER. and that is not okay. i noticed we have been playing phone tag. maybe you should post some pics so i can see your face. i miss climbing with you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home