Thursday, July 27, 2006

What's up cyber world. Sometimes I really just want to talk to people and hang out instead of reading about peoples lives on the internet. I'm having one of those moments now. Oh well though, I guess we take what we can get. This past week has been pretty fun with the exception of the fact that I cannot find my camera anywhere! This is especially bad because it's not my camera, it belongs to the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. Usually when I loose it it will show up within a couple of days. Especially if I clean my room. But the car is cleaned, room cleaned and back pack cleaned out and no camera.
I can't wait to quit Petco. I can only work 2 jobs for so long. I'm just not that girl. Yesterday a guy named Toleman (sp?) came out from Boise with some friends and invited me to go climbing with them in Pocatello. I had to work. My forearms are really sore today. They are way better climbers than me. One guy took 14 in a national climbing competition. So we were doing pretty hard routes. I don't even know the rating, but the rock was slick and I didn't make it to the top of a single one. I still had fun though. After climbing we ate at a Chinese restaurant and I could barely use my chopsticks. Then we went slacklining in the park and I headed back up to I.F. for more Petco fun. I had 3 dogs yesterday. One of which I would have liked to castrate. I don't think he stopped peeing from the second he walked in the door. At one point while I was trying to brush him he even lifted his leg and peed right on my leg all the way down on my foot and shoes! (Don't worry I washed my self of with our extra strength Lysol floor cleaner stuff) I was so mad but right then his owner walked in the shop so I had to restrain myself from doing anything drastic. Not to mention that the little horn dog would hump every thing that got within range. The only fun part was when I got to tie him to the wall and spray him down mercilessly with the power hose.
On another note, I found out from John O'Neill at the office that they did West Nile testing on the mosquito's at Market Lake...where I live...and found some positive! And if any of you have spent a summer with me you will know that if there is a mosquito for miles around it will bite me. Currently I count 16 mosquito bites on my person and I surprisingly feel pretty good. I even wear bug spray to bed.
Well I guess I had better get to work. I'm so glad I'm not planning on being a career woman. I don't think I could handle knowing that I'm going to have to work like this for the rest of my life.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jul 27, 02:00:00 PM MDT , Blogger Angela said...

Wow. Reading your blog made me miss being so sore I can't move. Haven't felt that in a long time. I remember working two jobs. . .it was the worst. I remember feeling like my existence was pointless and started wondering evertime I put something on or bought food, "is this worth selling my soul at work?" I HATE menial work. But your work acutally sounds pretty fun. At least you're outside (well, not for Petco). I'm rambling. Sorry. But I miss our rambling. . .

 
At Thu Jul 27, 09:46:00 PM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

hey jo- so good to talk to you last night. i feel the same way you do, about wanting to talk and not read about peoples lives. i hope you dont get west nile virus, you little mosquito magnet...i have a bunch too. they are EVERYWHERE up here. bad year for fishing, but not for mosquitos...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home