Friday, July 07, 2006

Goose trapping...first we set up a trap, then we have people on either side of the river and a few boats in the water to herd the geese up stream towards the trap...then we get inside the trap and catch all the geese, load them up in horse trailers and take them away. Sounds kind of primative but it takes a Masters Degree in Biology to organize an operation like this. (sometimes I think schooling is a joke). Here are some pictures from the day. I'm wearing a marshmallow suit because every one said that everyone would get pooped on. I didn't get pooped on once. Oh, and the channel 6 and 8 news were there. I guess it's pretty exciting for news in Idaho. We trapped all the geese becuase they were causing crop damage. Most of the adults were killed :( but we saved all the young ones and relocated them to Mud Lake where they will be "adopted" by the Canada Goose population there. On a less fowl note...ahh ha ha. I have been taking quite a bit of time off at work (Fish and Game) but it doesnt' feel like it because I have definitiely been making it up at Petco. This fourth of July was fun, I have to admit though, I've had better. We had a lot of good food, fireworks and a guitar. I just really really really wanted to go climbing and swimming. But I had to work in the evening and couldn't convince anyone to climb with me in the morning. I wish Kona could belay. Speaking of Kona, she starts her puppy training today. It lasts for 6 weeks but is only for an hour once a week. It's a $70 class that I get for free becuase I work at Petco. Looks like I can't quit for another 6 weeks. I hate working 2 jobs. I'm not a 2 job worker. My house is a mess, and I'm always tired or hungry even thought I sleep and eat all the time. I can't wait to get out of debt. It will be better than Christmas. Christmas just gets me into more debt. I got an email from Angela today. (the mass email that she has her mom forward to eveyone) According to that she is still set to get off the mish on the 12th. Although she probably wont be up in this area for another month. It will be nice to have some old friends back!
P.S. I hate blogger. Every time I post it takes me freaking forever! Like earlier when I was trying to post this and all I got was "could not connect to Bogger.com. Saving and publishing may fail."

5 Comments:

At Fri Jul 07, 03:00:00 PM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

awesome jo. that white suit is sweet as...hahah you little goose trapper...thats so funny to me. you trap geese and today i weed wacked for three hours. yahoo. well, thats cool kona gets puppy school. i wish i could climb with you. your one of my favorite people to climb with. ahh little idaho buddy. i am excited to get back down there one of these days...miss you

 
At Wed Jul 12, 06:23:00 PM MDT , Blogger William Cobb said...

hi howdy hey.
have a nice day.

 
At Thu Jul 13, 10:20:00 AM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello carrie it's josh just stoping by to say hello. Had a wierd dream about you had to let you know...

Hope everything is going ok with you...

If you hate blogs get your own website. Wasn't brian doing something like that for you...

Josh

 
At Sat Jul 15, 09:55:00 AM MDT , Blogger Angela said...

Hey you! Man, I want to talk to you so bad, but I can only call after 11 my time so that I can use your minutes! I miss you and CAN NOT WAIT to see you again!

 
At Sun Jul 16, 11:03:00 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look huge in that marshmallow suit! I know what you mean about the debt thing, when Kimin and I finally got out ti was the best thing in the whole world! Don't get discouraged, you will get there!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home