Wednesday, June 21, 2006



Wow, this weekend was great. I apologise for doing a horrible job at taking pictures. I decided to sleep in on Saturday until Rachel called. (about 10:30) I then got everything ready and headed into Rexburg where Rachel made muffins, eggs, hashbrowns and orange juice for breakfast...yum! Then we headed up to Monkey Rock where we layed out in the sun, swam and ate snacks. It was just what I needed. I love relaxing next to water. It was a little cold though so we were wrapping up in our towels. Monkey rock has got to be one of the coolest swimming holes. I think it's my new favorite swimming spot for the summer. We also went up the road a little ways and jumped off the bridge. It was a good one. High enough for you to think - Ok, I jumped...I did it...I'm falling...Oh, my stomach!...I'm still fallin-splash!! Just the way I like them. A rush, but not high enough to hurt. Then Alex showed up and told me he had an extra ticket to see Brian Regan live. For those of you who don't know him you should look up his stuff at http://www.brianregan.com/ He's a clean comedian and really funny. He had never been to Idaho before and came out to do a special charity show. All the proceeds went to the Search and Rescue team who had volunteered their time for a boy who ended up dying, but was a huge fan of Brian Regan. It was pretty cool. I got to shake his hand. Afterwards we had tacos and then I spent the night in the back of my truck in Rexburg. Sunday I went to church and was overly greeted. I found out I'm on the inactive list. Oh well, at least they gave me 2 cany bars. I'm not going to be there this week either because I'm going to Utah to pick up Sterling. I can't belive he's comming to college. Maybe I'll go to my ward and leave for Utah after church. Then on Monday Kori's mom, 2 brothers and I went for a bike ride in Kelly Canyon. I'm actually sore from it. Her family is hard core. I headed to work ant 3 and set up all the small mammal traps. Then I went to FHE in Rexburg. Yesterday I had a fun 14 hour work day. The cool part was though that I actually had fun. It started with checking the traps we set, then we went down this crazy dirt road for 2 hours, stopped at Pole Creek and looked for toads. That's where Kona got all the mud on her face. I think she fell all the way in a few times because she was soaked and filthy afterwards. It was a 2 hour drive back and I got soo car sick! I've never been car sick before, but it was bad. Then I went back to the office, caught up on my messages and headed to Petco. It was slow yesterday so I cleaned up and spent the rest of the time playing with Kona. I trimed her nails, brushed her teeth and put lotion on the pads of her feet. She's the most pampered outdoors dog I know. Well, I'm at work again so I suppose I'd better go. The pictures are: Kona with a muddy face, Kona and a friend she found at Monkey Rock, and Rachel and I on the water fall at Monkey rock. That one is kind of a bad angle, but the watefall actualy drops 10 or more feet. Oh yeah, the picture at the beginning is a nest we found while looking for toads.

1 Comments:

At Thu Jun 22, 06:41:00 PM MDT , Blogger j:) said...

Looks like an awesome place, i'm glad you got a fun break from work jo, you deserve it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home