Sunday, June 11, 2006

Well yesterday was my little brothers Eagle Court of Honor. It actually went really well. I came down to Utah for it and was planning on getting to go climbing but we didn't end up getting here till 2 am Saturday morning and I slept in, helped my dad with the garden (kori came and helped a lot to), drove my mom around to do errands (she hasn't slept for 2 days and didn't want to drive), finally snuck away to play tennis for a half an hour, picked up dinner at panda express, said goodbye to kori (mary came and took her to the airport), picked up the cake and headed for the church. After the court of honor Karah, Aric, their 2 kids, Randy and Daisy (the dog he is babysitting) came over to my parents house. I was hoping Kona and Daisy would have a good time playing together but I think Kona was a little to overbearing. Daisy is a small dog and started to run...Kona likes to chase things that run and make little squeaky noises. So I guess you could say she plays a little rough. Daisy didn't get hurt, but after about 2 minutes she started barking and trying to "defend" herself every time Kona came around. Needless to say if you know Kona, that just made things worse. So after the brief hang out Randy had to take off and the rest of us met up with Mary and her brother and headed to Provo for their summer carnival thing. When we were about half way there the fireworks started going off so Karah and Aric pulled over so the kids could see them. Then we went to their house and lit of some firecrackers that Aric brought back from Wyoming. Brian, Sterling and I headed home and my dad woke me up and sunrise this morning to take him to the airport...then when I was almost half way home he called for me to come pick him up. He got his flight time wrong and missed his flight. So after I got home I was really tired so I fell back asleep until about noon. I haven't slept in like that since the last time I came home. I don't know what it is about this place, but it seems to suck my ambitions. I think Brian can relate to me...he's still sleeping right now. I took Kona for a little walk and she gets soo hot soo fast. It was maybe for 15 minutes and she came in and layed on the cool kitchen floor panting with her tongue hanging out. I hope she gets used to the heat because I love warm weather and sunshine!
Brian and I had a little conversation on conservatism and we decided that we didn't like it. It's fine to live a conservative life style but I have found a lot of Utah mormons to be very unaccepting of not just sin, but anything that will give you an adrenaline rush. I think this is completely wrong. Christ taught to love everyone and focus on perfecting yourself.. and loving everyone. Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with trying to live a higher law, and not tolerating sin, but I don't consider toilet papering or putting M-80's in ant hills a sin. In the mean time I feel a little guilty...I didn't go to church today. Maybe that's why I feel the need to say something about Utah mormons. ..sheesh at least most of them were at church today.

2 Comments:

At Sun Jun 11, 09:46:00 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jo-

Your latest post reminded of a talk I heard a long time ago about seeking the adrenaline rush. Its by Pres. Faust called "On the Edge". It's actually pretty interesting. You can find it on lds.org when you search old conference talks. Anyways, Mack is anxious to meet his Auntie Jo. He talks about you all the time. Keep in touch.

Tyler

 
At Mon Jun 12, 11:02:00 AM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

hey josie- glad you still post as well. it was amazingly good to see you yesterday. i really am glad you and brian decided to come and say bye. i miss you already. and i agree about the mormon thing. our culture has a lot of accepting to do...love you have a great summer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home