Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Well it's getting to the time of year that I love Idaho for. The sun is always out and its warm. Friday we checked small mammal traps for the last time (and took them down) and then went and caught salamander tadpoles. Things have been slow at Petco. For the past 4 days in a row I haven't had any dogs. That means that I just sit there for 5 hours. It's very boring. Saturday I hiked to the wind caves with this guy Sean and his ward. My friend Rusty, Sean's roommate, thought we'd get along so he set it up as sort of a blind date thing. It was a beautiful day, awesome hike and absolutely freezing in the caves. I had to wus out and turn around. I was way to cold. Sean is totally a nice guy and I had a lot of fun but I didn't feel a lot of "chemistry" or anything so we'll see how it goes. After the hike Brian, Sterling and I went climbing and then I stayed the night at Rachels and left Kona at Brian's house. The next morning at church Brian informed me that Kona had followed them to church and sure enough when I checked my phone I had 2 messages from different people telling me they found Kona laying in the grass in front of the Hinkely building. I thought it was funny. She's a good dog though. She was just laying there in the grass, waiting for us to come out. Monday we had a trash pick up day, then I went to Rexburg and picked up Sterling. We went climbing at paramount and then we went to F.H. E. at Egan Lake. It was pretty cool. Egan lake is huge but it only gets knee deep at the most. We played ultimate Frisbee and Kona loved it. After F.H.E. we went to Angie's (mary's old roommate) birthday party. They had cake and home made rootbeer. Yesterday I got this gerbil for this little girl. She really wanted one for her birthday. I couldn't get a hold of her yesterday though, so I still have it. It's really cute, I almost want to keep it, but I don't really like rodents for pets. This morning I spent almost 3 hours mowing the lawn and then went in and had wheat berries with nectarine. It was really good. Then I check the dove traps and now I'm at work. I'm supposed to finish the newsletter. I got this annoying email today from a guy who works for fish and game. He wanted volunteers but didn't tell me when or where until Monday. I didn' t get his email until Tuesday and that just so happened to be the day he wanted volunteers. I told him Art may show up and according to the message he left me he was planning on it but I got an email from my coworker this morning saying that he really could have used some volunteers and please try to get some for him next week. He sounded pretty annoyed though. But If I'm going to get volunteers lined up I need some notice! Anywhoo, I'd better get back to work. I can't wait for the 4th of July. I love BBQ.

2 Comments:

At Fri Jun 30, 01:40:00 AM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

sounds like crazy summer times jo. i love it. and i love BBQs too and i cant wait until 4th of july either. its my FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!! YAHOO!! i have kori here. i kidnapped her.

 
At Thu Jul 06, 11:20:00 PM MDT , Blogger Fern said...

hey jo!
it's great having little casual conversations wiht you...not because they're short, but because they always leave me wanting more!! I miss your face! so I'm making that dvd for angela and there's this stuff on it when your hair is dark and it looks so great! We need to get together and dye our hair!!! AHH! maybe in Mexico?
Fern

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home