Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The prodigal Camera

My camera has returned. Do I know how? No, all I know is that I saw one sitting on Scott Gamo's desk that looked just like mine and I checked it and sure enough it's chuck full of my volunteer project pictures. I'm not making any accusations, I'm just taking it back.
I wish I had my camera with me these past few days. I fell like a lot of stuff has happened. Let's start with Saturday. I found out how to float down the river by my house for like an hour or two and only have a 4 mile shuttle. Short enough for me to set up myself with my bike. So I called pretty much everyone I know who is in Idaho right now and ended up with a small but fun group. Afterwards we had a bar-b-que at my house. Sunday I went to church and then headed out to the Blakely's house for Sunday dinner. We had BLT's and then Brian, Jon, Bro. Blakely, and these 2 elderly people went up Kelly Canyon to look for their 2 bulls that escaped. Brian, Jon and I were on horses and we rounded up the bulls and herded them a little ways back to where they were supposed to be. It was pretty fun. I wore my cowboy boots I got from D.I. Then we ended up riding all the way down Little Kelly's in the dark. It was a long cold ride, but I enjoyed it. We crossed the creek a few times and there were parts that were so dark you had to just completely trust the horse to follow the trail. I didn't get to bed until around 12 which would have been ok if I didn't have to wake up at 4am the next day. Monday we hiked some beautiful country trying to push the wildlife out before the shooter operation put up their fences. It's kind of lame but for those of you who don't know, this is what a shooter operation does. They buy land, put up these huge fences they call elk fence and then stock it with prize elk. Then city slickers come in to hunt and have a guide with them the whole time. When they find one of these farm grown elk the guide tells them how much it will cost to shoot that one. Of course the bigger the antlers, the more $$$. Any where from $7,000 to $20,000. So our job was to get the native wildlife out before they put up the rest of the fence. So that was my monday. Yesterday I spent the morning looking for pygmy rabbits and shooting at soda cans. Then I went to check on an eagle scout project, watched Rudy and rode this horse Paco that lives a mile or so away from my house. It took me about an hour to catch the stupid thing, so I got a really short ride.
Oh yeah, also my little brother Sterling had a huge beam fall on his head and he had to get 6 staples in his head. He wanted me to tell every one that gifts and money are being accepted. j/k Well, I'd better get to work.

5 Comments:

At Thu Aug 17, 11:06:00 AM MDT , Blogger William Cobb said...

jo, that sure was fun riding down little kelley's on horseback. i'm glad we were able to find those bulls :)

 
At Thu Aug 17, 12:43:00 PM MDT , Blogger Angela said...

Jo, that sounds like SO much fun! Idaho really is fun in that way. . . there is so much to do all the time and at the same time nothing at all. It's a haven for the creative and a prison for the fashionista. I should have taken a horse riding class with you one of those times. . .

 
At Fri Aug 18, 02:37:00 AM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo- sorry I borrowed your camera. I was trying to get a good shot of me in front of the mirror flexing to rival Dallin or whatever his name is.
I was depressed that you failed to mention the Targhee bluegrass festival.
-sven

 
At Sun Aug 20, 09:32:00 PM MDT , Blogger j:) said...

hey jo, thanks for looking for my family's cows, i miss riding horses up on our mountain range. that would be sweet to float down the river behind your house, we'll have to do it when i get back.

 
At Mon Aug 21, 03:48:00 PM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

JO I MISS YOU!!!! YOU ARE SO FUNNY AND DANG i miss idaho and all my buddies, and i will be there in less than a week!! WHOA NELLY!!! call me sugar see you soon! tell kona hello for me

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home