Thursday, January 06, 2005

home again home again jigati jig

There's snow every where in the burg and you know you have true friends when they let you sleep in through your first day of classes but drag your butt out of bed to hit the hill. Yeah, I slept through all my classes yesterday but mary came over later and her, sven and I went to the ghee. It was a good snow day, but really cold. I didn't have my little hand warmer things that I usually take and a piece of ice got built up around my left wrist for a while. I think a combination of those things lead to me having to take a break at about 3:15 and thaw out my hand. It was starting to turn weird colors and it was past the burning cold stage and had been numb for quite some time. It got to the point where I couldn't even move a few of my fingers. Well anyways, I stayed in the bathroom for a while and only got to do one more run. The weird part is that the inside of my hand is still numb. I hope it gets better. I need to get new gloves I think. And another pack of 'hot hands'. I'm sore as heck today though. And for some reason my energy has been drained for the past couple of days. I think I have a little bit of a cold and I just haven't been eating or sleeping on any kind of a schedule.
I went to classes today and I don't think they're going to be to bad. My student loan came in finally too. whew.
My lizard survived all through christmas break. So did my fish. They're tough pets.
ok, now for the sam update. Everything is going good. We talk on the phone and hopefully soon he'll get a verizon phone so we can talk for free. He changed his plans for this summer. He's not going to california, but will be in Utah, working at the MTC and most likely enrolled at BYU. I'm not quite sure how that effects my plans yet.

5 Comments:

At Thu Jan 06, 12:40:00 PM MST , Blogger Fern said...

Hope your cold isn't some weird freaky South American disease from Sam! :) hahaha

 
At Thu Jan 06, 03:20:00 PM MST , Blogger Karah said...

Hey Carrie-

Sorry to here about your hand. Hope it gets better. It kinda sucks that Sam will not be in California for the summer, However, him being in Provo will give me a good chance get to know him. I will then decide how much I like him. I don't think that will be a problem though considering everything I have heard about him so far.

 
At Thu Jan 06, 09:38:00 PM MST , Blogger Angela said...

Carrie: what's Sam's plan up until that point? Is he still planning on heading to California for the semester? I am flying out on the 28th and am probably going to drive immediately up to Idaho (if that's okay) to see you and stuff. I'm thinking that Fern should come too if she can (and drive Cath's car up to SLC, maybe). I just thought I would tell you that b/c it's coming sooner than you think! I have forgotten what it's like to be cold. I can't even imagine it. Apparently, my imagination sucks. MISS YOU!!!! Hope everything works out super-dee-duper with classes tomorrow.
YOur buddy: ang

 
At Thu Jan 06, 10:08:00 PM MST , Blogger Randy Row said...

Dang it, CarrieJo!! GO GET DECENT EQUIPMENT!!! I know for a fact that Five-0 is having a big after christmas sale! I'm the one that made the signs! You will thank me later! I hope I'm not being insensitive to either your current state of poverty or latent health condition, but the mountains are for your ENJOYMENT, not your imminent limb loss!! btw, which mission was sam in? was it paraguay? I have a new roomate that just got back from there in the La Asuncion mission. just wondering-- no hard feelings!Love you long time!--

 
At Fri Jan 07, 12:45:00 PM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

okay jo i am a little worried about your hand! i cant beleive its still numb....thats a little stange. i hope the feelnig comes back. i mean, didnt you already once get frostbite? anyhoo man. well i'm back from jackson and waiting for sven and then we will head over to rexburg- thanks for keeping my beanie for me and i will see you later toda- and hey are you getting excited about the summit party? haha YAHOO!
mare

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home