Thursday, February 24, 2005

Well, since I haven't been posting as often, my posts are getting longer. I haven't managed to get out of bed any earlier than I absolutely have to for class = no morning workout= I haven't been swimming for weeks. I've been having really good dreams though. I think that's part of my problem. The other night I had a very realistic dream that me and about 15 other people (guys and girls) lived in this shack/house type thing in Cali right on the beach. Everything was totally chill, everyone had cool stuff laying around, we had a nice sound system in the living room and everyone surfed. My dream ended with a hot guy coming in and waking a few of us up by saying "hey! surfs up!". Then as if I were being sucked out of my self I was drawn out of the room by a faint "jo...jo! Are you going to chemistry today? because class starts in 15 min" In my dream I was really tan, about 50 X hotter and really good at surfing. It was fun to pretend for a while. Well, today I'm studying for another Bio test. I hope I do well on this one. Lets be honest though, I'm really just hoping for a B. I haven't put in enought time to expect more than that.
Last monday was a holiday and Kori, Rachel, Paul and I drove all the way up 50 mi. north of Jackson and snowshoed to huckleberry hot springs. It was cool. Kori and I didn't have snowshoes though. I think that would have made it nicer, but I needed a good work out. I've been slackin lately and I ate a whole bag of salsa verde doritos, a nutragous and twizzlers on the way up there. We did the whole 2.5 mi loop and Kori and I were diggin post holes the whole way. Parts of it got really discouraging and I ended up crawling part of the way because I was just sick of expending all the energy to pull my body up on top of the snow just to sink again. The hot springs were at about the last .8 miles and as we came up to them we saw 2 huge buffalo! I don't think I've ever seen buffalo in the wild before. It was cool. We walked cautiously around them and then sat in the hot springs. There was a little waterfall and and couple from Denmark there. It got dark while we were relaxing and we got to hike the rest of the way back with the moon glistening over the powdery snow and peeking through the trees. I love stuff like that.
Tuesday I slep in through my classes and totally re-did my room. I cleaned my fish tank that was getting so discusting it's embarassing, rearranged where I keep my crickets, books, candles a cd's and pulled all my pictures off my wall. I replaced them with a weezer poster, guitar chord poster and snowboarding pics I snagged out of a magazine. I like it a lot better. Then I did all my laundry, tried to sort through my clothes and get rid of things (but I just ended up trying on everything I own) and did homework. I've been eating a lot of cookies lately too. For some reason everyone I know is making cookies for some one and they keep offering me one or two. Yesterday I went to classes, studied, lifted weights, and went grocery shopping.

2 Comments:

At Thu Feb 24, 09:53:00 PM MST , Blogger William Cobb said...

man that explaination of your snowshoeing trip is just what i need to relax. i've been really busy too, and even working out in the mornings, but i'm getting too tired from staying up late.

my trip this weekend was cancelled, but that's okay cuz i'm going to the x-games in Kelly Canyon instead now.

 
At Fri Feb 25, 10:36:00 PM MST , Blogger Randy Row said...

Hey Carrie JO! I'm at Harvard and it is sickaroo! Boston is sweet. Good luck on your test!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home