Thursday, September 15, 2005

Well today was very...interesting. I had my very first substitute teaching experience. The perks? I got to write on the board when ever I wanted. Other than that it went pretty much like kindergarten kop if any of you have seen that. Well actually it wasn't that bad. But I did have rubber band guns, flirtatious fights, a few small food fights, a broken plate and a broken cup. Yes, you guessed it: 7th grade home economics. We made cinnamon biscuits. Good news though, by the end of the day the room was clean, everyone had thier assignments done and I got a "you rock" from a student. Well actually it went more like this. During passing period a kid came in and said "you're our substitue?" and a kid from my last period said "shut up...Jo rocks!" I don't know if it's a good thing the kids liked me so much, but oh well. I get to do it all again tomorrow to. I think I might try elementary school where there's at least a noticible size difference between me and the students. I also had a kid come in the class with a note for the teacher who passed by me twice before he recognised me as the sub. One thing I got to teach them though was that you could substitute apple sauce for shortening if they made the buiscuts in the future. It made me feel good that I may have helped someone be a little more healthy. Anyways I passed up the opportunity to go biking today to just take a chill break. Subing was stressful. They were just so noisy!
On another note, Sterling and I found some free kittens and took 2 of them home for ours. They are soooo cute! one is calico and the other is orange. I think the orange one is the runt. She is sooo small. She has really poofy hair though so it's hard to notice unless you pet her but when I do I can't believe how tiny she is. Well I'm at Mary's brothers house for a little bar-b-q so I'd better go.

3 Comments:

At Thu Sep 15, 06:40:00 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sight reading
I read somewhere that one of the early pre-reading skills was sight reading of signs on stores and packaging.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a ##surveys online## site/blog. It pretty much covers ideas on how to make a income taking surveys online, plus other related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At Thu Sep 15, 09:47:00 PM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

awww jo- junk comments... i HATE those!! thanks for coming over for the barbque...it was so good eh? some to logan on saturday...i will be running

 
At Sat Sep 17, 10:19:00 AM MDT , Blogger Randy Row said...

Hey! How would you like to make money from home and work your own hours??!! Me neither. Hey -- you're back from the dead it seems! Welcome back to the beehive state.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home