Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Desk Job

I have a desk job. Well at least during the winter time. Desk jobs are boring and frustrating. I feel like I waste my time coming into the office. Oh well though. I have a bunch of pictures I want to post but I can't find the stupid cord that goes to my camera so they will have to wait. I'm trying to decide where to live, so I made long pro's and con's lists about each of the places. Here they are:

Staying in Roberts
PRO'S
1. I have the whole house to myself and no rules

2.The Fish and Game want me to stay so they don't have to send someone else out for general up keep. And they scrambled around at the last minute to make it ready for me.

3. lots of land to explore and take Kona (the dog)

4. cheap rent (I pay electricity and trash...app $85 per month)

CON'S
1. Lots of gas money. I'm 25 miles from Idaho Falls...25 miles from Rexburg. I spend about $250 a month on gas just to get to and from work and hang out in Rexburg for the weekend.

2. I have no where to put Kona while I'm at work. I live on a lot of land but it's not fenced in and I can't leave her in the house alone.

3. It's not close to anything! This means I don't get to have and FHE group I don't ever have people 'stop by' I can't run to the gym or any store when I need to. It's very inconvenient.

Moving to Idaho Falls
PRO'S
1. Within biking distance of work, the gym, pet shop, singles ward and potential friends or even a second job.

2. If I do move I'll make sure to have a fenced in yard for Kona

CON'S
1. Pains of moving

2. It will cost more rent (around $300-$400 per month. But dramatically lower my gas cost)

3. I'd still have to drive to see my friends in Rexburg...and that's where the climbing gym is.

Moving to Rexburg
PRO'S
1. I'll be close to my friends, the climbing gym and a singles ward.

2. Once again I will be sure to get a yard for Kona

3. If I got a house Brian and Sterling could possibly live in it while they were going to school

CON'S
1. I'll still have a 30 minute commute to work (gas$)

2. I'll be back in Rexburg after I graduated...loser?

3. It will cost more rent (about the same as Idaho Falls)

Finding somewhere in the middle
PRO'S
1. I'd be 15 miles from Rexburg and Idaho Falls. I could ride my bike if I was feeling ambitous

2. I'd still have a yard for Kona

CON'S
1. Even though 15 seems small...I'd be 15 minutes away from everything. It's not as convienient as living right in a town.

Well that's about all I can think of. If you have more idea's or suggestions let me know.
Moving on to normal life, I have a blind date for this weekend. My friend Jimmy in the office wants to set me up. He said maybe we'd go bowling or something. It should be fun. Knowing Jimmy it wont be to akward. Well this blog is long enough. I'll talk to you later :)

2 Comments:

At Wed Feb 01, 12:08:00 PM MST , Blogger Fern said...

jo-
to answer the question "2. I'll be back in Rexburg after I graduated...loser?" I thought we talked about about this and the answer is a definite YES. Remember all the other people that have done this?
A solution for the dog in roberts problem I've seen people do is tie a rope to a tree limb that's high enough so the dog can't loop it around the tree but not so long that the dog will get looped around the tree trunk without realizing it (ie: it can only look like once or twice). What about posibly subleting room in the house your in to friends or such that are off track? Would they let you do that? Or just invite some off track friends to live there for free with you for the company. It being inconvient to go to the store isn't too bad. I bet it prevents any compulsive purchases (or cravings). And don't forget that technically Brian isn't allowed to live with you...didn't you already look into that when he first came to Rexburg.
WOW this is a long comment, I should have just called you. But I'll probably do that anyway.
Chow Bella

 
At Thu Feb 02, 12:00:00 AM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

hey josie- you bring up good points. we can check out the climbing gym in IF, but i think kona would like the country better. or i guess i like country dogs- they seem happy. i agree with fern on the not buying things when youre not near stores, and its kind of cool to be on your own out there- kind of scary, but cool too, because you can learn alot about yourself and things like that. well anyway i need to go to sleep, but there is some input.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home