Thursday, September 07, 2006

First day back

well, I haven't updated for a while (brought to my attention by angela about 10 minutes ago) and I decided since I'm back to my lame routine at work I might as well kill some time. Man, coming back to work sucks. I had like 100 emails to go over, most of which were completely irrelevant by now, and now absolutely nothing to do. There are no projects because I haven't planned them and there's no paper work because I wrapped everything up before I left. The only thing I have to do I really don't want to do- find projects for this really annoying adopt a wetland school group. In the mean time all my brain wants to think about is fun trips I can go on or how I should train for the Pocatello Pump climbing competition. Sometimes when thinking of a career I try to find something I would be happy doing for the rest of my life. Then I realize I wouldn't be happy doing any one thing for the rest of my life and most of my friends my age feel the same way. I think it will work out fine though because the way I see it if we get a big enough circle of friends we can all just trade jobs for the rest of our lives and never do the same thing in a year. We can quit when ever we want and be confident we will find new jobs because some one else is bound to want to quit at the same time. Some times I think about angelas 'never never land' post. Maybe it's very irresponsible of me but I would love to live in a tree house, ride my bike every where, not have any bills and have dinner made for me every night. Not care about balanced meals, doing my laundry, or waking up at a certain time. Make my money by riding my scooter to our neighbors houses every saturday and recycling the cans they leave on their door step for me and not feeling bad about blowing it all on jolly ranchers, ice cream and an occasional pet. Not fixing the cat because I love it when she has kittens and I really had no concept of over population. Being able to go anywhere barefoot, with a dirty face and one of the hardest decisions of the day is whether you should take this wave, or wait for the next one. When I'm frustrated with some one give them a dirty look and push them while making this noise "uuuhh!" Ok, I should stop now. But really I miss the simplicity of being a kid and I feel like I took it away from myself by getting into so much debt. I hate it. One day though, I'll have everything paid off and I'll go back to my true self. Where I felt fulfilled by simple things like digging a pond or biking with Fergie. Until then I will (in the words of Bro. Stricklan) sit here and rot while by cubicle steals my soul in increments until I become a shallow husk of my former self.

7 Comments:

At Thu Sep 07, 11:53:00 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put Carrie. I cried and cried about getting the kitty fixed. She was such a good mother, and she was finaly beginning to have a good time playing with her kittens.It's just not natural to "fix" animals.I know that in the Mellinium there won't be any of that. Also, I hated to give her kittens away. That's really why I waited so long to do it, until they were almost too big. On Tuesday, I called the pet shop and I was going to go get the white female one for her to have a friend to play with. But the woman at the pet shop said they all sold on Saturday and Monday! Even though she went through the operation just fine, I now feel so guilty. She has no kitty to play with and has no way to make kitties now. I wish we lived on a small farm. I can hardly wait until we live in the melinium when we can have farms, and raise our own animals, and it will be OK to let animals have their babies; And they will live in the barn and will be happier in their natural state. People your age will probably be alive and get to see Jesus Christ come back to earth, at which time the earth will be cleansed. I have heard that everyone will have land and farms; that if, for example, we want milk, we will need to have a cow or goat. We will have what we can care for. I know this may be going off on a limb to talk about, but thinking about a time in the not too distant future when we will be able to live "naturally" under God's law, seems so appealing, and helps me to be patient with the daily circumstances, and to take the problems one at a time. I think it's important to go ahead and develop our talents --and do the things we like. We don't have to feel guilty for it. We should have fun doing hobbies, more than one..(painting, sewing, drawing, cooking, taking care of animals, archeology, mountain climbing, building models, teaching someone something that you know, giving volunteer service, etc.,etc-)- whatever makes you feel happy---is very important. Living in these times when there is so much junk going on, Hobbies make a person feel happy, and can bring others happiness. People will not feel like they are rotting away in a cubicle, or a house-- but making a difference to others and themselves. THey would feel good about their lives when they get to express themselves in a hobby or just helping humankind in some way. Like making a blanket for a baby, or giving some things to a charity, or volunteering time to do a service project, or being a mother of children (which takes time.). I think volunteering to help people makes people feel happy. Also, reading the Scriptures always gives me a lift. I need that lift every day. Anyway,thanks for giving me the opportunity to express my thoughts.
LOL,
Mater (Latin for Mother)

 
At Fri Sep 08, 07:04:00 AM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen preacher preach on , well Jo I know exactly how you feel for I feel the same way , the plan , pay the van off and then get some great little part time job like working at the climbing gym ( I might be able to do that for the rest of my life I love getting paid to climb) and just do what I love most days and lots of traveling in that van , yes that will be nice , but school might eventually slow that down , sad but beneficial .
I also had no idea you where such a write , if I can say that . I love people who can express them self’s throw writing and paint a picture in our minds , its a beautiful thing , so thank you for your feelings and thoughts expressed in such a creative way . I learned this on my mission and it is a powerful way of expressing , sharing , and showing your feelings to others .
Thanks so much , ill see you in a week and remember it is okay to run around with dirt on your face .
tolman

 
At Fri Sep 08, 09:00:00 AM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

jo- love the post. haha i feel you. and i mean, i FEEL you! lets never rot away in cubicles together and always have dirty faces and popsicles...love you

 
At Fri Sep 08, 07:51:00 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

JO! I haven't talked to you in FOR--EV--ER! Miss your GUTS!
Speaking of being a kid, I'm looking forward to living vicariously thru my children...j/k but seriously, it is fun to play with Mack. It takes you back, Y'know?
Fern

 
At Fri Sep 08, 07:55:00 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

JO, I just saw the comment you put on Angleas blog and it made me laugh! I don't know why it's doing that. Maybe because I switched to the new 'beta blog' version?? I'll look into it. By the way, they also have KILLER empandadas here! YUM!
Fern

 
At Sun Sep 10, 03:08:00 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo, the comment thing should be working now. if it doesn't you can always try posting as anonymous or other. apparently there were problems with comments and the new beta blog version.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 09:23:00 AM MDT , Blogger Angela said...

Dear rotting,
I really wish you knew how hard I tried to think of ways to help you 'free' yourself (debt-wise). I even considered sending you monthly supplements anonymously in the mail. I think we should make a ten-year plan to be neighbors and then we could slackline while hanging up the laundry, grow a group garden and have as many deformed incest cats we want. My 'never-never land' post was about not avoiding responsibility all together, but I hope it didn't imply you couldn't have fun or pursue your quasi-homeless dreams of barefeet and job rotation. If responsibility meant everyone had to move to Provo, wear khaki and shop at the Gap, I'd rather let my soul rot (along with my teeth) eating jolly ranchers with you in the mountains. . . so, just tell me when and I'm there.
--ang

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home