Monday, October 16, 2006

Hey hey hey. I have a head cold. (warning...this might be gross) In fact I had to get out of bed 3 times last night because my nose was literally draining snot all over the place. However I am here at work. I have decided to get the secretaries to stuff the invitations for the volunteers so I wouldn't pass my sickness to everyone.

Well, the real reason for this post is that I just met with my supervisor. Good news: if I get the job back I'll get between $15 and $20 per hour!!! WHoop Yeah!! Bad news: There is probably about a 30% chance that legislature will pass it give me my job :( son of a! I hate government!

Ok, now for the weekend recap. Fun as usual. Friday we made pizza and watched "dead men don't wear plaid" for Friday the 13th and Saturday Kori and I headed down to Pocatello to bike and climb. Sunday we met up with Marcus, went to church and then headed out to heise to climb in celebration of Sarah's birth. I did a hard lead that had shiny new bolts on it (put up by the guy who helped write the "sweet spots" book like 5 minutes before I climbed) and I got to use my shiny new quick draws. Thanks Tolman :) Then as if my weekend couldn't get any better Melissa gave me a fairly new pair of scarpa climbing shoes. A friend of hers had given them to her and they don't fit. So after climbing we went to get pizza and then headed home where Chris had made us dinner and some really good brownies with frosting and nuts and mint ice cream to top it all off. YUM! We watched "Along Came Poly" and I played with Ian (the almost 4 year old) for a while. I get the feeling he doesn't get played with very much. I pretty much had to teach him how to play 'horsie'. I think he loved it though. We played the swing around game and did flips and he was laughing so hard. Then last night I couldn't get to sleep because someone was walking around up stairs and the floor was creaking soo loud! About the time I fell asleep Mary came home and we chatted for a while (until Kori threatened to leave if we didn't shut up) and then went to bed. We woke up at 6:50 am and I drove Kori to Rexburg (she left her truck there) It worked out pretty good though because I had to go see Bro. Weller. Ok, I don't know why I'm making this post so detailed, but there it is.

7 Comments:

At Mon Oct 16, 01:35:00 PM MDT , Blogger Angela said...

Jo: I miss you. I hate not being IN the weekend re-cap, but at least it was fun.

 
At Mon Oct 16, 03:22:00 PM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

hey jo! i woke you up last night. sorry but i was NOT tired...thanks for styaing up though, otherwise i would have been bored. i must have fallen asleep fast, because i didnt even hear you get up 3 times OR in the morning...hmmm see you tonite

 
At Mon Oct 16, 03:51:00 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,
I was wondering if I could get your email address. That's too bad about your cold. Maybe invest in some vicks.

 
At Tue Oct 17, 03:32:00 PM MDT , Blogger tolman said...

those pics on brians blog , you looked way good in them , you know like in a hot way

 
At Wed Oct 18, 05:28:00 PM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo,
I absolutely love your comments, you're very funny, and quite clever as well. I can understand why Mare likes you so much, you're awesome, thanks for being her freind, most of the time we have to pay people to befriend her, if it ever gets really tough, send us a bill, haha.

 
At Sun Oct 22, 12:32:00 AM MDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's miserable. I'm very sorry that you have a cold. Do you have time to do some home remedy things? (1) Gargling warm salt water (2)Drink 2 cups of warm water with some fresh lemon squeezed into it, with nothing else in the water. (No sugar or honey, etc.) Drink this down first thing each morning 15 min or 30 min before breakfast. It cleans you out & helps you stay well. (3) Get 9 big cans of any kind of juice. Drink 3 a day.(It's hard to do, but doable). This is Dr. Stahley's method.(The Dr. that birthed Brian.) In 3 days you'll be well from cold or flu. (4) Eat a lot of vegetable & chicken soup with onion in it. (5) Eat fruits & juices in season.(6) Drink a lot of water during the day. (7) Put a fresh onion near your bed. (This is my grandma's method. It helps, really!I don't know why.) (8) Eat a big bowl of cooked, but not over cooked, frozen mixed vegetables. I Hope you will get well soon. Wish I had something cute or clever to say, but I'm just the same old mom that just cares. Good luck on whatever job you are talking about.
I've got to go hit the hay now.
LOL
Mom

 
At Mon Oct 23, 06:43:00 PM MDT , Blogger Fern said...

still wondering about that job...

Mary-Ann has a blog now! Check out bedke.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home