Sunday, October 09, 2005

well I am now in Camas Idaho working for the Idaho Bird Observatory and the Fish and Wildlife service. Basically we get up and out by sunrise (7:30) and set up 10 stationary nets. Then we check them every half hour or so, pull the birds out, analyse and band them then set them free. It's a fun job but it will only last till this saturday. Then who knows what. It's cool though, I see lots of animals including a porcupine today while I was on a jog. I'll try to post some pictures and some more details soon, but lets face it-internet is scarce here and the batteries on my camera are dead so it might be a while.
p.s. I really want to go caving if anyone is in. I get off at about 1 or 2 every day.

2 Comments:

At Sun Oct 09, 08:52:00 PM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

you dont get home til saturday?! i thought you came home sooner than that. well i guess thats that- i will have to come to idaho to see you...

 
At Mon Oct 10, 12:05:00 PM MDT , Blogger Fern said...

I'm glad that you posted. Just feels good and I enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work. Have a great day.
Fern

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home