Monday, September 18, 2006

Can I just say that I hope my work can't track how many hours I've spent on blogs and emails while "working". Mary asked me an interesting question today: "So what do you actually do at work?" Well, that's part of my problem...not much. And the sad part is that even at that I'm still 217 hours behind! Which means I'll have to work most Saturdays from here until December. Grrr! I hate working full time. I used to hate working 2 jobs...I guess I just don't really like having a job. I don't mind working hard, I guess I just like to play too much. Speaking of playing, this weekend was a ton of fun! I don't have pictures yet climbing competitions are definitely worth it. It started Friday night when we went to see this really cocky professional climber named Hans talk about himself for an hour or so. He had wavy blonde hair and reminded us all of Hansel from Zoolander. "He's soo hot right now." Then we camped out at Ross park. Angela and Marcus came up from Utah, Jared, Craig, Corey, and Bridget came from Boise area, and Mary, Brian, Kori and I came down from Rexburg, and Tim and Kelly met us in Pocatello. We had a pretty good size crowd and I think for the first time in my life meshing groups of friends actually worked. Saturday morning we woke up early to register and there were climbers everywhere. The climbing competition went on for a total of 4 1/2 hours for 3 heats. Mary, Kori and I all climbed in the 3rd one to try and get the best weather. It worked. The sun started to peek through, and my fingers found feeling in them around the 3rd climb. Angela was my belayer and motivator. I owe most of the fact that I kept climbing to her. I was cold, and that was enought to make me want to sit in the car. Lame I know...but that 's the way it was. I hate being cold. I'm so glad I kept going though. Some of the climbs were a ton of fun and I did some moves I had never pulled off before. I got 11 climbs in total in my hour and a half. Then we set up a slack line in the park and ate at the Pig Out. I have to admit, the food was good, but for $10 I was expecting a little better. Then after we were all full and freezing again we headed down to Lava Hot Springs. I couldn't have asked to be anywhere else. It felt soo good to soak in the hot water after being so cold and exherting ourselves all day. That night we stayed at Tim's house...soo comfy and woke up early again for the comp. We went to church in our street clothes and then went back over to watch the kids compete, do some boldering and hear the awards. Jared definitely won out on the awards. He walked away with a new rope and shoes. I got new shoes, Mary got new prana pants, Kori got a hang bar which she traded to Jed for a rope, Brian got a quick draw, Kona got a frisbee, Tim got a headlamp, Craig got a mamut harness and most importantly Mary took 2nd place out of our division! Well, after all that and a lot of hanging out we headed home. I had a lot of fun. I'll try to post picts soon.

1 Comments:

At Tue Sep 19, 11:26:00 AM MDT , Blogger Mary Grace said...

hey josie thanks for the shout out man!! and thanks for not coming home last night...haha j/k.....youre neat. and sweet. and you have cool feet. this could be put to a beat. later SCHNAPPY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home