Wednesday, November 01, 2006

hoo wee, I'm sick of not being able to post pictures from work. Then when I'm home I don't have the pictures because they're all on my work computer. This past week has been pretty good. I've worked a lot, but things are going well at work, so I don't mind. It's been really cold and I have mastered layering. It actually becomes fun. I was outside all day yesterday if freezing cold weather most of the time on the edge of a cliff with windchill factors and I was comfortable the whole time. Well, there was this one time my hands got cold, but they warmed up pretty darn fast. And if you know me well that is not normal. I was happy.
The funding did not go through for my job :( sad day for sure. After a lot of thought I have decided that I like my job because of the people I work with, my flexible hours, the respect/authority that I have, the diversity and the benefits. The only con is the $$. I also have told myself I should travel while I'm young and single. I might as well cut the crap. I hate traveling by myself. Why should travel stop when your not single. Perfect example = Fern. Her and Tyler live in Mexico. I've never had a job for longer than a semester before so I'm taking a chance here but I have decided to commit for another year. It will be through AmeriCorps again and I will also be working 6.8 hours a week as a technician to bring in an extra $300 a month. That will give me a total of 45 hours...every week but only for 11 months. I think I'll start working early in January, take a week off in the summer, one off for Thanksgiving and 2 off for christmas.
Ok, I feel like I'm starting to babble and I need to get work done.

P.S.
I'm taking up fishing and grouse hunting. Maybe I'll even start fake bow hunting antelope. Basically I'll hike around with a bow and arrow and look for animals. I'm debating on whether or not I really need a hunting licence because the chances of me killing the animals I find are slim to none. I start fishing on the 13th. We are going ice fishing at Henry's Lake.

8 Comments:

At Wed Nov 01, 12:21:00 PM MST , Blogger Rachel said...

JO,
Sounds like your life is fairly exciting at the moment! I am glad! Mine has tamed down a little... but yah... Anyway, this is my first time posting a comment... just felt like it. Have a WONDERFULLY FANTASTIC DAY!

 
At Wed Nov 01, 03:33:00 PM MST , Blogger M.climb said...

Hey, I have a question for you. Give me a call so I can run it by you.

 
At Wed Nov 01, 04:06:00 PM MST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo,
It is so nice that you are mary's good friend, thanks.
I would not go hunting or at least out in the field armed with a weapon, without some sort of license. That is 'prima facia' evidence that you ARE hunting, and it could result in arrest and fines, which you could fight but it would take an attorney and court costs and everything. So... the bottom line is that even if you are in the right, it is usually cheaper to just get a license, remember you can hunt coyotes all year! So you can always say that is what you are looking for.
And by the way, what kind of casserole did you make in the big orange thing, (pumpkin), and how did it come out?
Marry's dad

 
At Wed Nov 01, 06:01:00 PM MST , Blogger kori said...

i'm so happy your staying another Year in the Rexburg area so you can play with me!

 
At Wed Nov 01, 06:43:00 PM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

wowzer! a whole nother year with amaericorp! i am glad you will be around too! good luck with that...

 
At Fri Nov 03, 06:37:00 AM MST , Blogger Fern said...

Wait, I don't get it...The funding did not go through? but you still have the same job. So was the funding just for the raise, or for a different JOB but in the same place? and where will you work as a tech? one more stupid question I know I'm going to regret...what the heck is a grouse? Sounds Dr. Suess-ish for a mouse/goat.
I'm in Encinitas right now. Great! Except at FIVE O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING Mack woke up thinking it was 7 ready to play!!!! oh sleep where art thou?

 
At Fri Nov 03, 10:50:00 AM MST , Blogger Angela said...

I have the same question as Fern. Are you basically going to volunteer for another year? I guess you get a living stipend and other benefits that might make that worth it. I dont' think that's a bad idea, but It really seems almost impossible that it's been an entire year since you started there. PS: I'd have to agree that Fern and Tyler have completely outdone us. I still have an empty passport and I thought being single was freedom. . .hmmmmm :)

 
At Fri Nov 03, 05:48:00 PM MST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

jo? hunting? and everybody's okay with that?

;) cool.

-Brian

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home