Thursday, December 02, 2004

hello cyber world

I've been riding my bike in the snow for the past couple of days. It's interesting. You never know when you're going to slide or stick so it really tests your reaction time. It's hard to ride up hill too. My tires spin out. I hear they sell studed tires for bikes just like they do for cars. I wonder if it would actually work though.
The other day when I got home from a really long day there were 2 dozen roses waiting for me. Sent by none other than my missionary :) He comes home on the 24th. That's in 22 days...crazy!
Finals are coming and like usual I have A-/B+ in most of my classes. Maybe one day I'll learn how to put fourth that extra little burst of energy at the end to get me A's. I guess it's getting a little late though.
I'm going to a lunchin today with a biologist lady. I'm kinda nervous. Bro. Striklan told me this can be a good oportunity for me if I do well. She could help me get into grad school. The only set back is that she works with plants...and I want to work with animals. I like plants to though...I guess and I can always have pets. Well, we'll see.
I'm going to sell plasma again today. I just need some cash till next semester when my $$ comes in.

4 Comments:

At Thu Dec 02, 12:35:00 PM MST , Blogger Angela said...

Josie-- well, you sound busy! Even scheduling luncheons with prospective bosses? Woo-ta-woo! Man, I miss you!!! You have no idea. I was also riding my bike in the snow, but my experience has been different. My breaks were frozen so I almost hit a car and my gears were frozen so they wouldn't shift and I was pedaling like a mad-woman just to stay balanced! HA! keep the updates coming. . . :)
ang

 
At Thu Dec 02, 01:21:00 PM MST , Blogger Fern said...

I was wondering when you were going to finally mention sam on your blog:) Don't go spending two years studying plants when you really want to study animals. You're smart enough that you can do it. Do what you REALLY want to do! Please pardon my rampage...It was great talking to you yesterday, it kept me from getting stressing out about being lost, even if I (and every other female in this world are insanely jelous of you and your roses!) Isn't funny how no matter how "ungirly" any girl may seem, she still loves flowers? Not that you're "ungirly". aw heck you know what I mean.

 
At Thu Dec 02, 10:39:00 PM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

Jo!! wow you are all busy with luncheons and what not! good luck i hope it went well! i really miss hanging out with you!! you crack me up, i wish we could spend more time together- everytime i went to idaho i remember that! aha....and 2 dozen roses huh? well i guess that he likes you a little bit then....sweet! well have a good one i gotta go to bed! jsut wanted to say hey!
mare

 
At Fri Dec 03, 09:29:00 PM MST , Blogger Randy Row said...

you are smart... there are a lot of schools that will pay you with a living stipend for going into certain sciences... like the U for example. I know a girl who is doing physics or botony or something and getting full ride+ a ton of money just for going through the program. The opportunity will always be there for whatever it is you specifically want to do. Then you'll have a sweet job that won't seem like a job and you won't be worried about snow tires for your bicycle!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home