Monday, December 13, 2004

don't wanna be an american idiot!

Ok, I republished my blog so hopefully it's working. Well, I guess if you're reading this it's working. I got back from an awesome weekend in Utah and slept in through the first half of my mammology class. Good news though: the test I was almost sure I bombed I got an 85 on, which isn't very good, but it still keeps my overall graded up there high enough and I thought I got a C or a D yikes!
So I'm wearing maskara (is that how you spell it?) today. That was one of the first things my roommates noticed when I came home. First Rachel saw me and said "Jo's hom....ahhhhh jooooo! eeeeee!" (That's her screaming in a really girly way). "You dyed your hair!! Are you wearing makeup! Oh my gosh!" It was really funny actually. Then her and Kori decided they liked it (of course) and a few of the other roommates saw it and didn't really comment. Celeste came over and made a weird noise while she was looking at my head that let me to believe she didn't like it and then I went to bed.
Today when I went to class I walked in the back of the classroom quietly because I was late and the teacher (who was lecturing at the time) stopped and said "whoa Jo, you...a...got a hair job...you colored your hair". And then this dork who I have to sit by all the time and usually makes annoying perverted comments says "she ran into a little trouble with the ink bottle" The whole class kind of chuckled and then looked at me in silence as if they were all waiting for ane explination for what I had done. I just made a really annoyed face being sure not to crack a smile and said "ha ha" in a sarcastic tone. Then the teacher looked like he felt really uncomfotable and started lecturing again. A few minutes later the same guy asked "so why did you dye your hair?" (Why do you think I dyed my hair?) And the guy on the other side of me just looked at me and shook his head. It was the same thing when I cut my hair short, everone had to put their 2 cents in.
But the point of me telling all of that was that I don't give a crap if all these old married dorks and know it all super seniors don't like my hair or anything else about me. I don't know if everyone thinks I have self esteem oosing out of my butt, but what the heak makes them think they can come up to me, circle me for a second while looking me up and down and judge if they think I'm cute or not or if my style meets thier approval. And then it's like they feel cooler or something if they can tell me that they see something wrong with the way I am. I see people all the time that wear taperd pants, airbrushed shirts, or haircuts that make thier face look fat, but I would never go up to them and say "eehh, I don't really like your look." Why do people feel like they can tell me their opinion of mine. The one thing I hate the worst though is when people don't know if they like it or not and feel the need to tell me that! Ok, it's one thing to see something you like and give someone a compliment, or if you see something you really don't like and feel the need to make fun of it but why do people say things like "hmmm, I don't know if I like it or not..." then why the heak are you making a comment in the first place! If every time the teacher asked a question and I didn' t know the answer I raised my hand and said "I don't know" It would be rediculous. He would stop calling on me and I would be the new annoying turd in class. It's almost as if they want to wait to see what the majority thinks of it and whatever their opinion is, they 'knew it all along'.
Ok, sorry I'm venting, but it's my blog and I can use the space for whatever I feel like. But now I have to do something I don't feel like doing and that is sitting through another hour lecture of Bro. Weller followed by Stricklan... ugg it's the last time though so I should go and be happy.

5 Comments:

At Mon Dec 13, 01:01:00 PM MST , Blogger Fern said...

I L-O-V-E love your hair (but you probably already knew that). I believe its pretty well known that the people that made stupid comments about your hair are already well known as, well, stupid people. Thank goodness for venting! Because I'm sure you could go through and rip those idiots looks/self-estems/brains to shreds, but you're not going to do it because you can vent. Lucky them. They have no idea how lucky they are! I always hate that when people ask me "why". Why do you feel the need to ask why? WHAT! I dyed my hair! you're kidding me! Don't sweat it, your hair looks great and I mean it. Those idiots have absolutely no class, and obviously no manners either! Have a "GIRL POWER" day!

 
At Mon Dec 13, 03:14:00 PM MST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thoght you were passive. I seriously think that was the funniest thing I have ever read in my life. I was cracking up for like ten minutes. . .as a matter of fact, I am still laughing (especially at the part with the self-esteem oozing out your butt. That has got to be the best imagery ever)!! HOW TRUE YOU ARE! I think people see you and know that you are so secure-- so they think that by saying something they are somehow justifying their lame mundane existence. Nothing is worse than being ordinary and living a life like everyone else. Can you imagine going through life never trying new things? Never bombing down a hill as fast as you can? Never tackling complete strangers in the middle of the night? Never being able to say that you dyed your hair, blond, yellow, brown, red, purple, blue, pink, black and orange? Or seeing the look on someones face who type-casted you and telling them that you like to cook and sew? You are hands down the most original, stable, in control, level-headed but absolutely crazy (hoot-yeah!) person I know. That may sound paradoxical, but you make it work (maybe now is a good time to bust out Billie Joe's "Walking Contradiction" in the background as you read this). Sorry this is the longest comment ever-- but I sure hope you know that I like my best friends, JUST AS THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe you should go back to punching in the head. . .)

 
At Mon Dec 13, 03:17:00 PM MST , Blogger Angela said...

by-the-way. . . that comment was written by me. And the punching in the head was a reference to the goober in class that you punched in the head about the purple hair. See you this weekend and good luck on your exams!

 
At Mon Dec 13, 09:15:00 PM MST , Blogger Randy Row said...

Carrie Jo!-- I've never seen you in mascara to my knowledge...I have a feeling I would get the same treatment if I weren't such a jerk. You are a nice person and therefore not intimidating, so people feel free to go up to their "friend" and jab you in the ribs. Next time you get a comment like that, ask point blank if they are trying to hurt your feelings. That will instantly strip away the layer of fake friendship crap that sometimes exsists between classmates, and they will suddenly be confronted with explaining the nature of their comments, which is the most difficult thing for one with identity problems to face --- something that people that make mean comments usually have in common. Carrie Jo-- just do that, and if it turns out they are mean you can justifiedly say something mean to their face, but I bet the conversation will end abruptly with their tail tucked between their legs. If it feels like you're better than them, it's because YOU ARE. Don't compromise your instincts. Everyone loves you long time and you are cool.

 
At Tue Dec 14, 10:18:00 PM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

Jo- i never noticed that you never wore mascara...thats weird. i guess you look hot enough without it for me not to notice. and what DID you do to your hair? you never explained that part. remember i am in nebraska, one of those places where i NEVER see you ( and i miss your self esteem oozing butt) and i like how you spelled heak...hahah anyhoo i miss you youre blog CRACKED ME UP! AH youre funny- board with me when i come out on january kay?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home