Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Finals are so bitter sweet

I was woken up this morning by the gentle rat-a-tat-tat of sven knocking on my door. Well actually it was my roommate telling me that sven was at the door. From what I could see in my room it was still dark and sometimes when I'm tired I speak before thinking so I think I said something along the lines of I'm still sleeping, it's still dark, tell him to come back later. But by the look on my roommates face I don't think it came across right. It only took me another few seconds to look at the clock and realize that my blinds had been pulled shut and it was actually a little past 8. Great, I slept in again! I need a better alarm clock...one that knows when I go back to sleep and will re-set itself. So anyways, I have my mini-disc player back. Oh happy day :)
ok, I don't really know the point to that story, but oh well. Do my stories usually have a point? My point exactly! ...wow, I'm a dork.
ok, I just got out of the last test that I will ever have to take from Bro. Stricklan in my entire life!!! It feels soooo gooooood. I have absolutely no idea how I did on it. The essay section was killer. It was worth 60 of the 200 pts and all it was was a description of a lion population and the question said for us to tell him everything we know and can do with this information having to do with population management! I saw it and wanted to give up immediately. So I moved on to the smaller questions, finished those up with about 20 min. to spare and bs'ed something on about half the sheet of paper we were supposed to fill. He said he was going to grade our essays against the other students so that is the only thing that is giving me hope. I don't even really care anymore. I have a pretty solid B/B+ in that class (surprise surprise) so I figure it can't do that much harm. Would have helped if I did well, but it wont hurt me too much.
ok, enough on finals...
Thanks to everyone for their comments. You guys rock and really did make my day a lot better. Some times it's hard to be up here with a bunch of goober heads who you have to constantly be on guard with in case one of their qualities starts to rub off on you. Anyways for Mary, Randy and anyone else who doesn't know what it did to my hair, it's not that big of a deal. I dyed it black.
Well, I was going to write more about what I did last weekend but I think my head's too full of science because I have no idea. When I got home my roommates asked what we did and I couldn't remember a darn thing! The conversation went like this.
"so how was your weekend?"
"It was awesome...I had soo much fun. I love going down there"
"Yeah, what did you do?"
"...uh...we hung out..."
"That's it? No, really what did you do that was so awesome?"
"no really...we hung out...went shopping, ate good food, talked...and hung out"
It was strange. I felt like the fact that I am more people versus activity oriented stuck out like crazy. Oh well though. We hung out, talked a lot and I liked it.
Oh, by the way if you want to see pictures of the trip to california you can access them a few different ways, but the best way would be to go to jo.theworldofbrian.com and click on the picture tab thing on the left :)

2 Comments:

At Wed Dec 15, 02:28:00 PM MST , Blogger Mary Grace said...

Hey jo! yeah that hari thing doesnt sound THAT bad! haha and you think there are weirdo gooberheads at ricks? i think i saw alot more of them in provo. so you enjoy ricks! :) haha i miss it man! anyhoo yeah i am SO excited to come! i will hopefully be there the first part of january. i leave for new zealand the 9th, so before then. i am really excited to hang out with you! too bad youre not coming with me :( oh well anyhoo have a good one! put some pictures on your blog i like those :)

 
At Wed Dec 15, 06:55:00 PM MST , Blogger Angela said...

Well Hibbity-hoo! Congrats on the final test for Stricklan. . . so how many classes have you had with that man? WOW! I have been wanting to call you like crazy-go-nuts, but I can't b/c there is no moola on the ol' callin' card. HELP! I need to discuss some things real-real bad with you about this weekend. I just ate a whoppin' burrito smothered in guac. Hmmmm. I'm telling you what I ate. Man, some things never change. ~ang

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home